Bring on the pumpkins and ghosts!....I mean Hot Chocolate. Ooowo Owooooo....(my attempt at scary oo-ing)
Is anyone else in love with the movie Monsters vs. Aliens?
What's your name?Anyway... I thought of this specific idea last night, at about
No, what do the people scream when they see you coming?
SSssaUssannnn! Oo, I even scared myself!
So here is my mini tutorial on how to make an interesting/funny trick-or-treat item to pass out.
1. You go to a dollar store (or other grocery store)
2. Purchase Hot Chocolate that comes in packets (any brand)
3. Take it home-or this can be done in a car
4. Open packages and pull our your favorite black marker
5. Make sure packets are cut apart nicely-I always hate it when I rip the packets apart and one starts leaking it's contents
6. Draw faces on individual packets to resemble Jack-o-Lanterns or Ghosts
7. Take time to admire your work
8. Use 'stick' like candy to create pumpkin stems or ghost 'legs' (making ghosts to look like Trick-or-Treaters...hence the legs). You can use any type of tape to attach candy to back of packet.
9. Add to your favorite container for kids to reach in and pick one-then sit back and wait for those ghouls, witches, princesses, Ironmans, batmans, etc. to come a knockin'
I believe I would have liked to receive these as a treat when I was young enough to trick-or-treat...so I hope other kids do, too! OR OR OR...maybe you could draw snowman faces and use pixie sticks or pretzels to make arms & licorice or something 'rope-like' to make a scarf!
Oh, and if you want a really cheap/quick Trick-or-Treat bucket that
I used some scrap black vinyl (but paper or stickers or felt or craft foam could be used) to make a Jack-o-Lantern face, then attached it to the pink bucket.
Thanks for stopping by!!!