I love taking the random moments during the day to explain Gospel principles to Widget, although it takes quite a bit of effort to be 'randomly' prepared...I never know what we may talk about in the next 24 hours. But I know that if I speak from my heart and pray for guidance, I can be personally refined- by my Father in Heaven -to be the best mother that I can possibly be.
Some resources I have found (mostly through Pinterest...you can stalk me, if you like, LikeThemApples) to help me prepare and become a better teacher, mother and servant of the Lord:
- Great words to live by: 'Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid." by Albert Einstein. See visual here.
- LDS scripture quiet book with printable templates by Laura Thoughts.
- Another printable (same as above) of a Sheri L. Dew quote: 'We just can't let the Lord down. And if the day comes when we are the only women on earth who find nobility and divinity in motherhood, so be it.'
- No sew quiet book examples from Our Cozy Nest.
- A Year of FHE lesson plans. You can search by topic, year and even coloring pages. Lots of resources in one place.
- Children's Music: LDS Children's song book written music, lyrics along with mp3s of each song.
- Gospel Art Pictures: available for purchase, or visit here to view and download individual pictures (also available in Old Testament and New Testament)
Just like last week, I'd love for you to add to my list in the comment section.
And I'd like to leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer; no matter how eloquent the oration."
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
Have a wonderful weekend :)